POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : fps : Re: fps Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fps
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 16 Sep 2013 23:39:58
Message: <5237cf0e$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 17:51:40 -0500, Shay wrote:

> I tried Borderlands 1 for a bit. It was OK until I, innocently enough,
> went on one too many side quests and effectively broke the game by
> becoming too powerful for the missions. Nothing was challenging after
> that, so I just quit.

B2 is somewhat like that - but there are some quests that now get much
harder if you're too strong.  I was actually surprised by that the first
time I got blown out of the water by NPCs that were 20 levels higher than
me - and several of the boss fights don't seem to "respect" the level
differences, too, which makes them pretty challenging even when it looks
like you should be able to smoke the boss easily.

> No! I won't do it. I can't believe this shit passes for entertainment.
> Just let me play the damn game. PLEASE! I'm sorry, mr. game
> manufacturer, that you're burdened with some obese media sponge's
> expectation that he get 100 hours of "game play" for giving up $60 of
> his candy money, but functioning adults might buy games too if you did a
> better job.

I can't disagree with much of that.

I did also enjoy Deus Ex: Human Revolution.  Games like that I tend to
play for the story rather than the eye-hand coordination challenge, but
on higher difficulties, I could see that one being quite challenging.  At
least for me. :)

Jim