POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : fps : Re: fps Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fps
From: Shay
Date: 17 Sep 2013 13:34:49
Message: <523892b9$1@news.povray.org>
"Warp"  wrote in message news:523872f2@news.povray.org...
> I honestly can't understand what is it that you are looking for.

I suppose I'm looking for a fps with the sensibility of non-fps genres
(e.g., you don't have to walk 15 minutes between levels in a dual-stick
shooter).

I want to spend the overwhelming majority of time, well, first-person
shooting. The other (specific to fps?) elements--the long walks, the stone
turning, and the oh-so-immersive puzzle games--are, in my opinion, time
better-spent somewhere else.

!!!!! And I CAN'T BELIEVE the
push-on-every-wall-to-check-for-hidden-passages concept from 1982's
"Wizardry" exists to this day in the form of the
check-every-drawer-for-money-and-clues tedium of "Bioshock" (and many others
I'm sure) !!!!!

Seriously, I honestly can’t understand /that/.

-Shay