POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interdimensional slices Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:29:26 EDT (-0400)
  Interdimensional slices (Message 16 to 25 of 45)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Interdimensional slices
Date: 25 Jul 2013 03:11:03
Message: <51f0cf87$1@news.povray.org>
> So shifting the dimensions up we get a cube on the first 3d section of
> this "4d table leg" with each cube being curved more than the previous
> and the last 3d section is a perfect sphere.

FWIW I think an equation for such an object might be:

x^(1/w) + y^(1/w) + z^(1/w) < 1 and 0 < w <= 0.5

Post a reply to this message

From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 25 Jul 2013 13:21:47
Message: <op.w0sfuhb6ufxv4h@xena>
On Thu, 25 Jul 2013 09:11:03 +0200, scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:

>> So shifting the dimensions up we get a cube on the first 3d section of
>> this "4d table leg" with each cube being curved more than the previous
>> and the last 3d section is a perfect sphere.
>
> FWIW I think an equation for such an object might be:
>
> x^(1/w) + y^(1/w) + z^(1/w) < 1 and 0 < w <= 0.5

Ingenius! =)

I will give that a try. I want to make an image that will depict how a 4
dimensional object can look totally different depending on where it is
sliced.

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message