POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interdimensional slices : Re: Interdimensional slices Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:37:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interdimensional slices
From: scott
Date: 26 Jul 2013 02:50:21
Message: <51f21c2d$1@news.povray.org>
>> FWIW I think an equation for such an object might be:
>>
>> x^(1/w) + y^(1/w) + z^(1/w) < 1 and 0 < w <= 0.5
>>
> Ingenius! =)

Thinking about it, there should probably be a modulus function around
x,y,z (to get the absolute value), otherwise x=-5,y=5,z=0,w=0.2 is part
of the solid (which it shouldn't be).

> I will give that a try. I want to make an image that will depict how a 4
> dimensional object can look totally different depending on where it is
> sliced.

Slicing it along one of the coordinate axes will be easy, the hard (and
more interesting) bit will be taking angled slices :-)