POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Clipka’s software lathe. Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:42:24 EDT (-0400)
  Clipka’s software lathe. (Message 28 to 37 of 37)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Clipka’s software lathe.
Date: 6 Mar 2015 14:18:48
Message: <54f9fd98$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/03/2015 09:14, scott wrote:

> I was thinking of the 970 as a good upgrade for me (650 currently), my
> PSU might disagree though. Gigabyte do one with 3x displayports which
> would work if I ever upgraded to 3x gsync monitors. I wonder how much
> GPU umph the rift needs compared to monitors?

I've heard 75 fps for the Rift. On elite I can get 144 fps with my 970
and more when I switch off vSync. It does drop in busy scenes but that
may be due more to Elite.
FurMark V1.14.1.4 reports an average of 60 fps at 1920x1080 with no AA
and 106% power 80 Deg C 99% GPU usage. It is bog standard, not over clocked.

>> I may have mentioned that a couple of years ago I did a contract at
>> Mercedes HPP. I never noticed a keyboard in any of the F1 cars ;-)
>
> Yes that it pretty much how the flame wars start on the iRacing forums.

Quite predictable. :-)

There were F1 cars all over the place. The canteen had two racing up the
walls and there were a couple hanging from the ceiling in reception.
It surprised me to see that the cars have leg straps. But on reflection
it makes sense. +1 Jackie Stewart.

> :-) The best voice recognition I've seen is on my phone, it seems like
> it is possible to use the Google speech-to-text API but doesn't look
> officially supported and you need to hack about with API keys etc.

I have my phone's task manager kill it whenever it appears. I do not
want my phone to shout that it could not understand what I said in
meetings, randomly.
I had another go at training the M$ free one today after setting up the
h/set mic. I gave up after an hour when I realise I was screaming
profanities at it.
I feel as if it is misunderstanding me deliberately out of badness.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> I had another go at training the M$ free one today after setting up the
> h/set mic. I gave up after an hour when I realise I was screaming
> profanities at it.
> I feel as if it is misunderstanding me deliberately out of badness.

I thought you'd know better already...
http://youtu.be/sAz_UvnUeuU?t=2m33s

Post a reply to this message

>> I had another go at training the M$ free one today after setting up the
>> h/set mic. I gave up after an hour when I realise I was screaming
>> profanities at it.
>> I feel as if it is misunderstanding me deliberately out of badness.
>
> I thought you'd know better already...
> http://youtu.be/sAz_UvnUeuU?t=2m33s

A' right! Pall. Hou's it gaun?
Hae ye tried the Wings Beta?

I posted that very same clip on the Elite forum. I got rep from a Saff
Londoner.
But it is true. I've worked in computing since the first abacus broke
and someone was needed to fix it. The only way to fix the damn things is
to threaten to kick their CPU in.

Trust me man!

--

Regards