POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Clipka’s software lathe. : Re: Clipka’s software lathe. Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:17:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clipka’s software lathe.
From: Stephen
Date: 9 Mar 2015 05:07:59
Message: <54fd62ef$1@news.povray.org>
On 09/03/2015 08:00, scott wrote:
>> I've heard 75 fps for the Rift. On elite I can get 144 fps with my 970
>> and more when I switch off vSync.
>
> *drool* I haven't had over 60 fps with vsync on since my old 15" CRT :-)

The 970 is the only GPU I've bought. I did not realise I was bragging. :-)
I've seen it drop to 35 fps at times though. If that's any comfort. ;-)

>> There were F1 cars all over the place. The canteen had two racing up the
>> walls and there were a couple hanging from the ceiling in reception.
>> It surprised me to see that the cars have leg straps. But on reflection
>> it makes sense. +1 Jackie Stewart.
>
> I didn't realise they had leg straps, I wouldn't have thought there was
> much space for your leg to move into in those cars.

There's not much room. The ones I saw were in a car on the ground in a
breakout area. No one told me that's what they were but none of us could
think what else they could have been. Just think of the forces in a
crash at those speeds. Every little helps. I suppose.

> I did a factory tour
> around the Red Bull F1 place last year, the same sort of thing, but with
> a fridge full of Red Bull in every room. They do tend to have a lot of
> money to splash around - after all if you're selling sugared water for
> £10/litre there's probably quite a big profit margin :-)

Budgets. Where I was the budget for the racing engine, manufacturing and
R&D. Came from Advertising or PR or something soft like that. Not
Engineering or Commercial R&D.

>> I have my phone's task manager kill it whenever it appears. I do not
>> want my phone to shout that it could not understand what I said in
>> meetings, randomly.
>
> Oh I never use it in public :-) On mine you have to press the microphone
> icon on the screen first, so you can't really do it without realising.

I could not find the settings so I shot it instead.

>> I had another go at training the M$ free one
>
> Every few years I try that for a few minutes..

I would like it to work. It was one of the things promised us when I was
a boy.

--

Regards
     Stephen