POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Clipka’s software lathe. : Re: Clipka’s software lathe. Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clipka’s software lathe.
From: scott
Date: 9 Mar 2015 04:00:55
Message: <54fd5337$1@news.povray.org>
> I've heard 75 fps for the Rift. On elite I can get 144 fps with my 970
> and more when I switch off vSync.

*drool* I haven't had over 60 fps with vsync on since my old 15" CRT :-)

> There were F1 cars all over the place. The canteen had two racing up the
> walls and there were a couple hanging from the ceiling in reception.
> It surprised me to see that the cars have leg straps. But on reflection
> it makes sense. +1 Jackie Stewart.

I didn't realise they had leg straps, I wouldn't have thought there was
much space for your leg to move into in those cars. I did a factory tour
around the Red Bull F1 place last year, the same sort of thing, but with
a fridge full of Red Bull in every room. They do tend to have a lot of
money to splash around - after all if you're selling sugared water for
£10/litre there's probably quite a big profit margin :-)

> I have my phone's task manager kill it whenever it appears. I do not
> want my phone to shout that it could not understand what I said in
> meetings, randomly.

Oh I never use it in public :-) On mine you have to press the microphone
icon on the screen first, so you can't really do it without realising.

> I had another go at training the M$ free one

Every few years I try that for a few minutes..