POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Clipka’s software lathe. : Re: Clipka’s software lathe. Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clipka’s software lathe.
From: Stephen
Date: 10 Mar 2015 04:48:25
Message: <54feafd9@news.povray.org>
On 10/03/2015 08:25, scott wrote:

>>> *drool* I haven't had over 60 fps with vsync on since my old 15" CRT :-)
>>>
>> The 970 is the only GPU I've bought. I did not realise I was bragging.
>> :-)
>> I've seen it drop to 35 fps at times though. If that's any comfort. ;-)
>
> I meant more with the monitor, 144 fps with vsync on = a nice monitor :-)

That's the 3D part. It's for shutter glasses.

>> There's not much room. The ones I saw were in a car on the ground in a
>> breakout area. No one told me that's what they were but none of us could
>> think what else they could have been. Just think of the forces in a
>> crash at those speeds. Every little helps. I suppose.
>
> Hmm thinking about it a bit more I don't think any straps like that
> would be allowed. In a crash you definitely do not want anything that
> might prevent you getting out of the car (or anyone else removing you
> from the car). The seatbelts in F1 are 6 point harnesses, was it the
> lower 2 straps of these you maybe saw (they come from under the seat, go
> over your thighs can come up between your legs into the buckle that sits
> over your stomach).

Thinking about what you just said and I agree. The straps would have
been suitable for keeping a dummy secure. The car was tilted as if it
were banking.
And I just said that the budget was a HR type.  <Blush>

Forget I mentioned it. Please.

--

Regards
     Stephen