POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jargon files: family edition Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Jargon files: family edition (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Jargon files: family edition
Date: 28 Nov 2014 15:48:21
Message: <5478df95$1@news.povray.org>
For no apparent reason I started to think about words that families use
amongst themselves that completely confuse everyone else. Actually, I
lie; the reason was that the Feegle was trying to explain to a colleague
of mine what he did in school today and he kept using the word
'underhay' - colleague totally mystified.

An underhay is a teacher; his first teacher was Miss Underhay so (by his
logic, all teachers are underhays.

Other words we use:
Lolo (n.) - any flying machine; a contraction of lietadlo, Slovak for
aeroplane.
Wee-Baby (n.) - a children's playground; more often used now for a
playground used by children younger than the Feegle is now.
Spell (v.) - any game involving rough play, usually only boys are
involved except when Ellie (his best friend) is around when she kicks
sh*t out the rest despite being much smaller.

What u got?

John
--
Protect the Earth