POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jargon files: family edition : Re: Jargon files: family edition Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:35:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jargon files: family edition
From: Doctor John
Date: 29 Nov 2014 18:02:28
Message: <547a5084@news.povray.org>
On 29/11/14 22:02, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> "Hey Mike, luzz that over here."
> "Oi! You can't say that! That's MY word!!"
> "It's just a word. Anybody can say it."
> "But I invented it! It's mine! Only I can use it!"
> "What? No you didn't! Pete was saying that before you even joined the
> school!"
> "No! He copied it off me!"
> "No he didnt, you big liar! You're just jealous because you can't come
> up with anything cool!"
> ....etc...

You miss my point.

A few other Doc John family words and phrases:

Real chandelier: an adjective describing over-ornate and flashy objects.
It cannot be used to describe children's decorative efforts; only
objects chosen by adults who should have better taste.

Pappi's breakfast: originally a cup of coffee that is only half-drunk,
now any remnant of a meal that is probably now uneatable.

Thlee! : An expression of extreme approbation. It echoes the delight the
Feegle showed on learning that numbers continue beyond two.

Ni How! : Not a chance. Those of you speak Chinese will know its
origins. Often abbreviated to Ni!

John
--
Protect the Earth