POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Those who wait Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Those who wait (Message 21 to 30 of 66)
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: Those who wait
Date: 30 Jul 2014 04:33:06
Message: <53d8adc2@news.povray.org>
On 30/07/2014 10:13, scott wrote:
>> Trouble is, those mini fluorescent things take about quarter of an hour
>> to turn on...
>
> They must be *very* old ones then. Even the 99p ones that Tesco were
> selling a while back turn on instantly. Given the price of them, and
> even the price of LED lights now, it's pretty much a no-brainer to just
> throw all your incandescent bulbs in the bin immediately.

When you have a single fixation system for the bulb, maybe.
But here (France !), I have two different system: screwing or bayonet mount.

So, it's not just "count, buy the number of bulbs and replace", each
mounting system must be checked and counted separatly.

Moreover, the impact of trashing still working apparatus is still a bit
disturbing.

I heard I'm not in the only country with such dual system. And bayonet
is the best system for customer, despite the extra-cost of the receiving
device (it's more than just a foil of metal pushed by a press). It's
easier to put and remove a bulb, and there is no tension on the external
body.

--
IQ of crossposters with FU: 100 / (number of groups)
IQ of crossposters without FU: 100 / (1 + number of groups)

Post a reply to this message