POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Those who wait : Re: Those who wait Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Those who wait
From: scott
Date: 30 Jul 2014 09:00:21
Message: <53d8ec65@news.povray.org>
> No way.

I think whatever brightness you want is available, within reason. The
problem is likely the cheap standard ones are 40W or 60W equivalents,
and they're probably lying a bit with those claims too. I'm pretty sure
I've seen some monster 150W and 200W equivalents.

And the problem with LEDs is that you can't get a 100W equivalent LED
(about 10W) in a package the size of a standard bulb - it just generates
too much heat and would cook itself. So you need to use more bulbs, we
have two 5x5W fittings in our living room so it was perfect for
switching to LED and reducing the power from 400W down to 50W, but it
only made financial sense because those lights are normally on for
several hours every day.

> halogen ones are too
> actinic.

I don't think halogens offer any efficiency improvements over
incandescents do they?