POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Those who wait : Re: Those who wait Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Those who wait
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 30 Jul 2014 14:03:47
Message: <53d93383$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/30/2014 1:13 AM, scott wrote:
>> Trouble is, those mini fluorescent things take about quarter of an hour
>> to turn on...
>
> They must be *very* old ones then. Even the 99p ones that Tesco were
> selling a while back turn on instantly. Given the price of them, and
> even the price of LED lights now, it's pretty much a no-brainer to just
> throw all your incandescent bulbs in the bin immediately.

Yes well.. Here in the good old US, you get morons like the one who
tried to tell me that, "other lights hurt my eyes", which I supposed
meant that the dimwit was still trying to use the really old ones, which
flicker, and thought that the new ones did too. He also whined about
them not being "natural light", which is, you know, the whole point of
the bulbs with a blue coloration to them, to make them more natural, as
per outdoor light. So the clown was actually complaining that he didn't
like light that actually bloody **was** a more natural color, instead of
the ugly yellowish stuff standard incandescents produce. lol

Seriously though, I just so love living in a country where the answer to
everything from which light bulb they pick, to which over sized SUV they
drive, comes down to, "I don't like those more cost effective ones.",
and/or, "and besides, I might need the extra stuff it can do for some
reason, once in my entire life time!", and they get praise for this
stupid attitude by such a large number of other idiots.

--
Commander Vimes: "You take a bunch of people who don't seem any
different from you and me, but when you add them all together you get