POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting (Message 111 to 120 of 144)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Why the evil is evel? Don't ask - don't tell!
Date: 4 Jan 2014 05:23:37
Message: <52c7e129$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/01/2014 6:42 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 09:09:51 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>
>>> Green? ;)
>>>

>> If you want.
>>
>> I have no opinions on the matter. (See everyone, it can be said. :-) )
>>

> LOL

>>> But the discussion is about what colour it should be. ;)
>>>

>> Why? Is it a religious thing? It is in Northern Ireland and the West
>> coast of Scotland.
>
> I guess you don't know what it is....
>
> https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bikeshedding is a good summary. :)

Similar to what I understand it to mean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson%27s_law_of_triviality

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 4 Jan 2014 05:32:36
Message: <52c7e344$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/01/2014 6:43 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 06:09:07 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>>> mEZ4NH6UbYg/s1600/tumblr_mm2mx0hnmy1qzjmo0o1_1280.jpg

>>> I'm not understanding the reference...
>>>
>> She is of the House of Orange. The same way our Queen is of the House of
>> Windsor. Previously the House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha.
>
> Ah, I see.  I don't tend to notice stuff like that. :)

No reason that you should.
I have worked with the Lowlanders quite a bit recently and it shows a
certain awareness to know who your co-workers monarch is. I would sell
our lot for a mess of pottage but not everyone is like that.
BTW Did you know that Belgium has a new king?

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message