POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting : Re: Why the evil is evel? Don't ask - don't tell! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:31:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why the evil is evel? Don't ask - don't tell!
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Jan 2014 17:01:58
Message: <52c884d6$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 10:23:20 +0000, Stephen wrote:

>> https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bikeshedding is a good summary.
>>

> Similar to what I understand it to mean.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson%27s_law_of_triviality

Yep.

The explanation I initially had been given was something along the lines
that people contribute to the discussion of the colour because they can -
they may not know anything about construction, building codes, etc - but
they can have an opinion on the colour, so they provide it so they're
"participating."

Jim