POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting : Re: It has nothing to do with Islam, but ... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It has nothing to do with Islam, but ...
From: Warp
Date: 5 Jan 2014 04:39:03
Message: <52c92837@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <kag### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> A campus is not the rest of the world, and the statistics "do" differ
> between there and other places. That tends to happen, when you cram a
> lot of people, in a specific age group, many of which seem to presume
> that one purpose of college is to party and get laid, in one place. And,
> I never said "all", advice was bad advice. What I objected to was most
> of the stuff you came up with as "advice".

Firstly, if such a study shows that actions can be taken to reduce the
risk of rape in one community, and that they have a significant effect,
then it's not unreasonable to deduce that actions can be taken in other
communities as well. Or do you have actual credible sources that say
otherwise?

Secondly, I didn't say "they should do this or that". What I said was
that it's a good thing to try to figure out what could be done to reduce
the risks, and listed some things that could be studied to see if there
is some correlation.

What really irks me is when someone comes up and calls the act of actually
trying to do something with names like "slut shaming". Trying to *help*
prevent rapes is not victim blaming. Insulting people who do so is
disgusting.

Such an attitude is only detrimental. It gives women the notion that
"you are just a helpless victim and there's nothing you can do about it.
Don't let people tell you otherwise, they are just victim blaming you."

--
                                                          - Warp