POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting : Re: It has nothing to do with Islam, but ... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:37:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It has nothing to do with Islam, but ...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 4 Jan 2014 18:28:13
Message: <52c8990d$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/3/2014 1:55 PM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> Another problem concerning this is fake rape claims where a girl claims
> some-one has raped them only later to recant and say they just didn't
> like his attitude or something or wanted to pat him back for something
> silly.

You have no clue a) how uncommon that really is, and b) how much shit
women go through, even when it is legitimate, which might result in them
"wanting" to recant it, even if it did happen. So.. Don't go there. I
refer you to the same thing I posted in the other comment:

http://skepchick.org/2013/08/when-i-didnt-consent-why-i-reported-why-i-didnt/

This is why even many of those "recanted" cases are not really
recanting, and at least one of the reasons why so many rapes never get
reported at all, even when they *are* real.

Anyone else want to trot out one of the endless excuses for why its
either, "not the guys fault, or didn't happen, or isn't really that big
of a problem"? The "false rape" thing is vastly rarer than people claim,
and is just one more reason used by MRAs (Men's Right Association) types
to claim that "no" rape is ever rape, among other things. What sort of
people do you think "intentionally" spread it, right along with the ones
that do it unintentionally, because, despite having no statistics to
back up the claim, "Everyone knows it happens a lot."