POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A solution in search of a problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  A solution in search of a problem (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: A solution in search of a problem
Date: 22 Jun 2013 10:39:27
Message: <51c5b71f$1@news.povray.org>
Some of you* may remember a while back I was having a discussion with
Darren about COM.

[* Particularly those of you who happen to be Darren.]

Anyway, I think I've hit upon a problem which COM might actually be able
to solve... Can I use COM to transfer some numbers into Excel and get
them graphed? And if so, how might I go about doing that?

(The alternative is to use GNUplot. But it does draw particularly ugly
graphs, and it's awkward and unintuitive to use...)

Post a reply to this message

On 22-6-2013 16:39, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> Some of you* may remember a while back I was having a discussion with
> Darren about COM.
>
> [* Particularly those of you who happen to be Darren.]
>
> Anyway, I think I've hit upon a problem which COM might actually be able
> to solve... Can I use COM to transfer some numbers into Excel and get
> them graphed? And if so, how might I go about doing that?
>
> (The alternative is to use GNUplot. But it does draw particularly ugly
> graphs, and it's awkward and unintuitive to use...)

why not simply Metapost?

or POV?

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.

Post a reply to this message