POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A solution in search of a problem : Re: A solution in search of a problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A solution in search of a problem
From: scott
Date: 24 Jun 2013 03:11:40
Message: <51c7f12c$1@news.povray.org>
> [* Particularly those of you who happen to be Darren.]

Haven't noticed him around for a while now.

> Anyway, I think I've hit upon a problem which COM might actually be able
> to solve... Can I use COM to transfer some numbers into Excel and get
> them graphed? And if so, how might I go about doing that?

Is this in C#? If so you need to look at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel
- the VS help and google will get you started using it, it's very easy
to do.

> (The alternative is to use GNUplot. But it does draw particularly ugly
> graphs, and it's awkward and unintuitive to use...)

Mind you Excel's graphs are pretty yucky by default (although the newer
Office versions seem to have improved this).

If you /are/ on C# and using Windows forms then don't forget you've got
built in DataVisualization.Charting which can be used to quickly add a
charting capabilities to your program.