POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A solution in search of a problem : Re: A solution in search of a problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A solution in search of a problem
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 26 Jun 2013 15:36:34
Message: <51cb42c2$1@news.povray.org>
>> How would you execute that from outside Excel though?
>>
> Whoa! now you are changing the question and we all know change requests
> cost money.
>
> So why would you want to execute it from outside excel when you will
> need to open excel to see the graph?

Like I said, I've got a program that generates some data. I want to
graph that data. Without having to manually press half a dozen buttons.

It's easy enough to open Excel programmatically; what isn't obvious is
how to make it run code once it opens up. (Indeed, these days that tends
to be exactly the sort of thing Excel blocks to prevent macro viruses...)