POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A solution in search of a problem : Re: A solution in search of a problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A solution in search of a problem
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 23 Jun 2013 10:29:31
Message: <51c7064b$1@news.povray.org>
Le 23/06/2013 16:13, Orchid Win7 v1 nous fit lire :
> Well, yeah, I could go reinvent the wheel... or I could quickly utilise
> something that already exists.
>
> There are plenty of other possibilities too - Google Charts, for
> example. What none of these let you easily do is go back into the
> spreadsheet and tweak the data.

Ploticus, split your code from your data and the data is a separate (or
more) files, in space separated columns. Never touch the code again.
But mastering ploticus is not easy. (yet, that's what I use for my bank
accounts overview/balancing)

> Currently my program spits out a CSV file, which I then open in Excel,
> manually select the range of cells I want, manually step through the
> chart wizard, and now I've got a graph. It seems like there ought to be
> some way to automate that...

Excel... isn't there some macro language in that flipper ? (or is it a
flight simulator ? or doom-like ?)