POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Arg!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Arg!! (Message 22 to 31 of 41)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Arg!!
Date: 28 Apr 2012 12:52:24
Message: <4f9c2048$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/28/2012 4:19, Patrick Elliott wrote:
> I doubt Windows 7's new backup thing is that stupid, but since I never got a
> version of it to work on prior machines (bloody XP version thought
> "floppies" where the way to do things, and didn't know what to do with the
> CD drive, never mind a DVD drive...), I am not going to assume that it will
> work perfectly. lol

Actually, Vista got way better, and Win7 nailed it. XP didn't really have
the file system technology to support backups well. Win7 does. It's seamless.

That said, if anyone is still stuck on Vista or XP, ask me for my scripts.
It *is* possible to use free software to make complete backups of both those
machines, both full and incremental.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"