POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Arg!! : Re: Arg!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:28:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Arg!!
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Apr 2012 12:58:32
Message: <4f9c21b8$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/28/2012 9:45, Darren New wrote:
> On 4/28/2012 4:05, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Got a fair number of games that flat won't run without those keys, and not
>> all of them are recoverable from the sites they originally got registered
>> to. All of which makes things a massive pain in the ass.
>
> Fair enough. I'd count that as installation materials, which you'd need to
> have to reinstall. Of course, the worst are when you get such a key, and it
> dials out to their server to verify it, and their server is toast after a
> few years. I've had a couple like that.

Or, incidentally, if you get one of those, dump the entire registry as a
text file and back *that* up. At least then in the event of disaster you can
find what you're looking for. (In regedit, save it as an NT4 registry, and
it'll be readable text, IIRC.)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"