POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Arg!! : Re: Arg!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Arg!!
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Apr 2012 22:06:46
Message: <4f9ca236$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/28/2012 16:04, andrel wrote:
> No, you are underestimating the geniuses in redmond.
> The registry->text and text->registry conversions are slightly unoptimized.

Ah. I see. Why would you do it that way? Why not back up the registry, and
restore the registry, as a file? Or restore only the parts you need? Or at
least not store it as plain text?

I assumed if you were worried about the "junk" in the registry that you were
talking about backing up and restoring the entire registry.

>> The only backup I know of is in C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack
>
> Funny, isn't it? There is apparently another one in another directory under
> another name, that nobody told you about. One that is still there after a
> reinstall. Pure Genius.

I didn't say there wasn't. I was giving the path to the backup copy of the
registry to others in the group who seem to have a hard time using the
included tools to make a backup of the registry. :-)

Altho, again, I'm not sure why, if you did a full reinstall, you would want
the old registry to be restored.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Oh no! We're out of code juice!"