POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fitness Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:24:46 EDT (-0400)
  Fitness (Message 11 to 20 of 36)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Fitness
Date: 2 Feb 2012 17:14:42
Message: <4f2b0ad2$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 11:14:02 +0000, Invisible wrote:

> Given that my job necessarily involves remaining absolutely motionless
> for hours on end, and that I only have an hour or two of spare time per
> day, is there *anything* I can do with that time which will make the
> slightest shred of difference? Or is the situation just hopeless?

Are you going to be willing to listen to the answers, or are you just
going to assert "no, that can't possibly be true" because you don't
believe it could possibly be true?

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 2 Feb 2012 22:01:48
Message: <4f2b4e1c@news.povray.org>
On 2/2/2012 3:14, Invisible wrote:
> So my question is: How do I increase my stamina?

1) Don't sit motionless all day. Get up, move around, go outside to walk
around the building every hour.

2) Get something like a stairmaster. Set it up in front of the TV. Play
exciting video games while climbing to keep from going crazy with boredom.
You'll go from doing 10 minutes without being tired to doing an hour without
being tired.

3) Go swimming. Buy a book on "Total Immersion" swimming, and learn to swim
properly. Then swim several times a week until you can do 30 laps without
stopping.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)