POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fitness : Re: Fitness Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:11:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fitness
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Feb 2012 04:58:48
Message: <4f2bafd8$1@news.povray.org>
On 02/02/2012 04:46 PM, Warp wrote:

>    1 hour of cardio each day, 6 days a week.
>
>    "Cardio" means that your heart rate raises, you sweat and you have to
> breath slightly more heavily than normally.

Right. So if I break out my heart monitor again, measure my resting
rate, and then find a suitable level of intensity to raise it a little,
then I just need to figure out how to work an hour into my schedule.

>    It doesn't really matter how you achieve this, but walking/jogging is
> a good way. (The advantage in your case is that it makes your leg muscles
> fitter at the same time, which should be a bonus.)

I find it interesting that all this dancing has had no noticeable effect
on my legs, but my shoulders and arms are now significantly more muscular...

>    I recommend a 7-10 km route.

At school one time, they took us on a 5 mile walk. It took us over 8
hours to complete that. (5 miles is, what, 8 km?) I think this might be
a bit extreme.

I do sometimes take a walk around the site at work in my lunch break.
One lap, maybe two. That's probably about a quarter of a mile, maybe.
Then again, I'm not going to do that on a day like today.

> Start walking it at a relatively fast pace.

I always find that makes my shins hurt. (Which is odd, considering that
there's no muscle there...) Perhaps I'm doing it wrong. Or maybe my
office shoes just aren't very good for walking in.

>    Not on asphalt! Find a nature trail or similar softer route.

That's /definitely/ not going to walk in my office shoes. ;-)

>    No slacking off. It doesn't matter if it's raining (just take an umbrella)
> or you are feeling lazy. No excuses.

More importantly, I need to work it into my schedule such that
scheduling issues don't constantly prevent me from doing it.

>    I can assure you that if you follow this for at least 6 months, you'll
> be fitter than you have ever been in your life.

In fairness, me being "fitter than I've ever been in my life" wouldn't
mean that I'm particularly fit. :-S