POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fitness : Re: Fitness Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fitness
From: Invisible
Date: 3 Feb 2012 04:35:20
Message: <4f2baa58@news.povray.org>
On 03/02/2012 03:01 AM, Darren New wrote:
> On 2/2/2012 3:14, Invisible wrote:
>> So my question is: How do I increase my stamina?
>
> 1) Don't sit motionless all day. Get up, move around, go outside to walk
> around the building every hour.

Yeah, I've been trying to do that lately - if only because my legs keep
going numb.

> 2) Get something like a stairmaster. Set it up in front of the TV. Play
> exciting video games while climbing to keep from going crazy with
> boredom. You'll go from doing 10 minutes without being tired to doing an
> hour without being tired.

I'm not overly keen on spending lots of money unless I really have no
choice.

What I did do last night was to put some music on and dance on the spot
while I was waiting for the stuff in the oven to finish cooking. I think
I'd probably need to sort out a CD containing only music of a suitable
tempo though, if I'm going for a long continuous workout rather than a
brief frenzy followed by exhaustion.

> 3) Go swimming. Buy a book on "Total Immersion" swimming, and learn to
> swim properly. Then swim several times a week until you can do 30 laps
> without stopping.

I can't swim.

Or rather, I can't swim more than about 6 feet or so without stopping
due to exhaustion.