POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Fitness : Re: Fitness Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fitness
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 3 Feb 2012 05:30:00
Message: <web.4f2bb634627be9b16dd25f0b0@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> > 3) Go swimming. Buy a book on "Total Immersion" swimming, and learn to
> > swim properly. Then swim several times a week until you can do 30 laps
> > without stopping.
>
> I can't swim.
>
> Or rather, I can't swim more than about 6 feet or so without stopping
> due to exhaustion.

Assuming that you *can* swim, but you're just unused to it: do a length, rest.
Do another, rest. Do that for 30-45mins each time you go. Go at least twice a
week. You'll be surprised how quickly you become able to do many lengths without
having to stop. Doesn't matter what stroke you do, or even if you're doing it
efficiently or not.

Of course, swimming is not necessarily convenient if your time is short, and
hardly ever free.