POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Message 21 to 30 of 57)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Date: 27 Sep 2011 09:17:20
Message: <4e81cce0@news.povray.org>
>> The later films are much worse.
>
> I dunno, I sort of liked Ep. 3 ...

Perhaps you refer to the EP3 where the troubled young jedi discovers
where the ominous threat to galactic peace is emanating from, decides
not to kill him but report him instead, and then a few scenes later
murders a member of the high council and joins the evil guy instead FOR
NO APPARENT REASON AT ALL?

That EP3??

Seriously. I barely wanted to watch the film, since - let's face it - we
already know exactly how it will end. There IS only one way it can end -
the way EP4 started. But I was hoping that there might be, I don't know,
some kind of /explanation/ for how the emperor tricked him into falling
into darkness. But no... at one point, the guy just snaps and starts
behaving in a completely illogical manner. The transition from troubled
jedi to sith lord is near-instant. As is the transition to a
fully-suited Darth Vader, for that matter.

Still, it's a free country...

Post a reply to this message

> Perhaps you refer to the EP3 where the troubled young jedi discovers
> where the ominous threat to galactic peace is emanating from, decides
> not to kill him but report him instead, and then a few scenes later
> murders a member of the high council and joins the evil guy instead FOR
> NO APPARENT REASON AT ALL?

Ok, so he was being a bit irrational...

> That EP3??

Honestly, The only part I remember was Vader before the black helmeted
suit falling into a lake of lava, and being nearly burned alive. Beyond
that, the rest is a blur. :)

> Seriously. I barely wanted to watch the film, since - let's face it - we
> already know exactly how it will end. There IS only one way it can end -
> the way EP4 started. But I was hoping that there might be, I don't know,
> some kind of /explanation/ for how the emperor tricked him into falling
> into darkness. But no... at one point, the guy just snaps and starts
> behaving in a completely illogical manner. The transition from troubled
> jedi to sith lord is near-instant. As is the transition to a
> fully-suited Darth Vader, for that matter.

Yyy... uh. hm. Well, you know, he must have had some really deep rooted
psychological problems. Not unlike some people I know ..

> Still, it's a free country...
For most, it is ...

--
~Mike