POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic : Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:28:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
From: Warp
Date: 27 Sep 2011 16:58:25
Message: <4e8238f1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/27/2011 3:13 AM, Invisible wrote:

> > The later films are much worse.
> >

> I dunno, I sort of liked Ep. 3 ...

  The problem with that, and in fact the entire trilogy, is that there are
some good ideas underneath, but for some strange reason the writing was
quite subpar, which more or less destroyed all the good ideas. With better
writing it could have been much better.

  As an example, episode 3 does not really convey very well *why* Anakin
chose the dark side. There are bits and pieces here and there, but it just
gives a feeling that he switched sides for no good reason at all, and it
makes no sense. A much better script could have made that plot point much
more evident, logical and dramatic.

--
                                                          - Warp