POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic : Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 Sep 2011 15:18:09
Message: <4e822171$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 14:17:19 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> But no... at one point, the guy just snaps and starts behaving in a
> completely illogical manner.

I think the point of ep3 was that with all the stress Annikin was under,
his reaction was perfectly rational and logical.

A good actor who plays a 'bad guy' in films usually will study quite a
lot to understand the character's underlying motivations.  Just look at
interviews with Christopher Lee about playing Sauruman in LOTR for the
kind of insight that's applied to playing a role like that.

Another good example is William B. Davis in The X-Files.  He saw his
character (the "Cigarette Smoking Man") as one of the good guys, and had
good reason to.

Jim