POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic : Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 27 Sep 2011 14:58:14
Message: <4e821cc6@news.povray.org>
On 9/27/2011 8:17 AM, Invisible wrote:
>>> The later films are much worse.
>>
>> I dunno, I sort of liked Ep. 3 ...
>
> Perhaps you refer to the EP3 where the troubled young jedi discovers
> where the ominous threat to galactic peace is emanating from, decides
> not to kill him but report him instead, and then a few scenes later
> murders a member of the high council and joins the evil guy instead FOR
> NO APPARENT REASON AT ALL?

Ok, so he was being a bit irrational...

> That EP3??

Honestly, The only part I remember was Vader before the black helmeted
suit falling into a lake of lava, and being nearly burned alive. Beyond
that, the rest is a blur. :)

> Seriously. I barely wanted to watch the film, since - let's face it - we
> already know exactly how it will end. There IS only one way it can end -
> the way EP4 started. But I was hoping that there might be, I don't know,
> some kind of /explanation/ for how the emperor tricked him into falling
> into darkness. But no... at one point, the guy just snaps and starts
> behaving in a completely illogical manner. The transition from troubled
> jedi to sith lord is near-instant. As is the transition to a
> fully-suited Darth Vader, for that matter.

Yyy... uh. hm. Well, you know, he must have had some really deep rooted
psychological problems. Not unlike some people I know ..

> Still, it's a free country...
For most, it is ...

--
~Mike