POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Compiling stuff Server Time
30 Sep 2024 07:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Compiling stuff (Message 1 to 10 of 283)
From: Invisible
Subject: Compiling stuff
Date: 8 Dec 2008 08:31:23
Message: <493d21ab$1@news.povray.org>
http://xkcd.com/456/

Mmm... I did this.

Do you have *any idea* how long it takes to compile the Linux kernel? I
mean, damn, how *big* is it?? I thought the final binary was only a few
KB in size...

Oddly, X11 also takes forever.

(It's no surprise however that Firefox and OpenOffice are slow as hell.
Oh, and KDE... *very* slow!)

Damn, I really don't know why the hell I did that...

Post a reply to this message

> Do you have *any idea* how long it takes to compile the Linux kernel? I
> mean, damn, how *big* is it?? I thought the final binary was only a few
> KB in size...

The wait is even more fun the second time around, after you realize you
forgot to configure a necessary driver into your custom kernel. :D

Post a reply to this message