POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I found this interesting Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:26:38 EDT (-0400)
  I found this interesting (Message 15 to 24 of 154)
From: Gilles Tran
Subject: Re: I found this interesting
Date: 5 Apr 2008 16:20:44
Message: <47f7ed2c$1@news.povray.org>

47f7dabb$1@news.povray.org...
>>> OK, now you're just describing *me*. :-(
>
>> I thought about including a disclaimer that 'any resemblance to a p.o-t
>> regular or mascot is purely a coincidence' but decided against it.
>
> Heh. And to think a few people claimed I had writing skills... despite the
> fact that I can't spell, can't write a report, and have lousy sentence
> construction. :-S

You *** do *** have writing skills, otherwise people would just skip your
posts and never answer them (even if it's just for snarking). You know how
to tell stories and make them interesting, even ones based on really dull
material. The self-pitying angle comes off pretty well and is somehow
endearing (when it could be horribly annoying), in some Woody Allenesque
way. Also your spelling isn't bad, except for some occasional glaring
lapses. What you may lack is better material to work with and some literary
background to give you inspiration and pointers, but otherwise what your
write is enjoyable.

G.

Post a reply to this message