POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I found this interesting : Re: I found this interesting Server Time
2 Oct 2024 18:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I found this interesting
From: andrel
Date: 6 Apr 2008 05:18:35
Message: <47F8958B.8050409@hotmail.com>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> I'm pretty sure that Andy is perfectly able to write a decent report.
>>
>> He said he isn't. So who am I going to believe.
>
> I'm good at writing short, unstructured things. When trying to explain
> big concepts, I have trouble figuring out where to start and what order
> to say things in. My writing tends to lack high-level order - much like
> my thought processes.
>
> ["So you see, the derivative of a Nth order polynomial is a polynomial
> of order N-1. And that means - ooo, I wonder if dolphins can hear in
> stereo?"]

Well, can they?

>> In the same vain, I'm pretty sure that Andy is perfectly able to find
>> a decent girlfriend. Yet, here the current facts seem to point another
>> way.
>
> As a matter of fact, I'm going to meet a friend in a pub this very
> afternoon. And I'm *hoping* he's convinced a certain lady he knows to
> tag along... ;-)
>
> Now, if only I knew the magical incantation. [You know, the one that
> makes her go from "ok, I'm sitting here with a bunch of people chatting"
> to "hey, that boy is cute. I should make out with him..."]

What does 'make out' mean in this context?
BTW I am not sure if you have already past your 'cute' date (because of
being of the wrong sex to judge). You might try to go for 'interesting'.
I think that is much safer. You can do that for many years to come, even
outside of the context of chatting up ladies in bars. And you do have
some unique features.