POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : pov 3.5 Server Time
4 May 2024 03:05:55 EDT (-0400)
  pov 3.5 (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: WhiteGandalf
Subject: pov 3.5
Date: 10 Jul 2002 19:50:58
Message: <20020711014929711+0200@news.povray.org>
Hello..

it seems that it is always myself complaining about the same thing?

anyway I made my first scene in pov 3.5 I just got today: checker,
sphere, area light.
render. dog slow. 4 minutes andsome seconds

I take the scene and render it in megapov latest version (I can't
compare to pov3.1 since that aerealight wasn't supppoerted) and i get 6
seconds

i then render a trivial sample scene and i get 16 minutes... my G3 slow
as a quadra??? the same scene on pov 3 took less on my quadra!

now it is sooo lae and it's better to go to bed... but I read that
povray should be faster and more stable than megapov while using the
patches and I hoped the rest would remain unchanged!

-r-

Post a reply to this message

> anyway I made my first scene in pov 3.5 I just got today: checker,
> sphere, area light.
> render. dog slow. 4 minutes andsome seconds

Turn off the freaking preview as the documentation tells you!  The Mac 3.5
version is significantly faster than any version ever out there unless you
of course screw up your settings so much that you end up comparing Apples
and Bananas...

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message