POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : pov 3.5 : pov 3.5 Server Time
22 May 2024 08:58:58 EDT (-0400)
  pov 3.5
From: WhiteGandalf
Date: 10 Jul 2002 19:50:58
Message: <20020711014929711+0200@news.povray.org>
Hello..

it seems that it is always myself complaining about the same thing?

anyway I made my first scene in pov 3.5 I just got today: checker,
sphere, area light.
render. dog slow. 4 minutes andsome seconds

I take the scene and render it in megapov latest version (I can't
compare to pov3.1 since that aerealight wasn't supppoerted) and i get 6
seconds

i then render a trivial sample scene and i get 16 minutes... my G3 slow
as a quadra??? the same scene on pov 3 took less on my quadra!

now it is sooo lae and it's better to go to bed... but I read that
povray should be faster and more stable than megapov while using the
patches and I hoped the rest would remain unchanged!

-r-