POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : pov 3.5 : Re: pov 3.5 Server Time
22 May 2024 23:52:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov 3.5
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 15 Jul 2002 06:54:56
Message: <3d32aa00@news.povray.org>
In article <20020714195121389+0200@news.povray.org> , WhiteGandalf
<zus### [at] liberoit>  wrote:

> PoV 3.5
> preview: 4 minutes
> without: 18 sec
> (dramatic increase)
>
> MegaPov latest rev with with patches turned on (so to use the bnew
> arealight as in PoV)
> preview: 6 sec
> without: 5 sec

There is still something wrong with your measurement.  First of all, are you
running on Mac OS Xor Mac OS 9?  You should really do benchmarking on Mac oS
9.  Anyway, that said, you also can only benchmark if you actually run for
more than a few seconds.  Something like 10 minutes or so.  Right now you
are measuring everything, but not render speed...

> PS: in the preferences my version says it is a beta built 8 Jul with
> timeout july 15 (which is tomorrow..) is this just an old thing or was
> the official mirror from where I did download not updated???? maybe I'm
> using a beta!

No, it is just that one string taht didn't get changed.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.