POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Context menu 'open' option doesn't Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:26:37 EDT (-0400)
  Context menu 'open' option doesn't (Message 11 to 19 of 19)
From: Coridon Henshaw
Subject: Re: Context menu 'open' option doesn't
Date: 19 Dec 2001 01:49:04
Message: <Xns917C127D796C4csbhccse@204.213.191.226>
"Chris Cason" <newsadmin-despam-@povray-no-spam.org> wrote in
news:3c200e45@news.povray.org:

>> context menu won't open files which are specified with a path, nor
>> will it
>
> It's not specified to be able to do this.

That may be so, but it does seem inconsistant that the editor won't find
files referenced by path even though a) the renderer will and b) the editor
will find files included by a path when the renderer chokes on a parsing
error.  Frankly, I'm at a loss to understand why this behavior could be
considered desirable in anything but a Microsoft product.

> Could you post your INI file here please ?

Povray.ini on my WinME box:

Display=On
Verbose=On
Display_Gamma=2.2
Bounding_Threshold=3
Render_Console=off
Buffer_Size=16
+B
+fn
Output_File_Name=c:\povImages\
Library_Path=\\celeron400\ddrive\CG\userinclude
Library_Path=\\celeron400\ddrive\CG\userinclude\old
Library_Path=\\celeron400\ddrive\CG\userinclude\galaxy
Library_Path=\\celeron400\ddrive\CG\userinclude\lensflare
Library_Path=\\celeron400\ddrive\CG\userinclude\plates
Library_Path=\\celeron400\ddrive\CG\userinclude\pyramid
Library_Path=\\celeron400\ddrive\CG\userinclude\city
Library_Path=\\celeron400\ddrive\CG\maps
Library_Path=\\celeron400\ddrive\CG\fleet\include
Library_Path=\\celeron400\ddrive\CG\scenes\background
Library_Path=C:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\INCLUDE
Library_Path=C:\WINDOWS\Fonts

Povray.ini on my Win2K box:

;                     PERSISTENCE OF VISION RAY TRACER
;
;                           POV-Ray VERSION 3.5
;
;                         SAMPLE POVRAY.INI FILE
;
;  The general form of the options is "Variable=value".  Everything
;  between the equals sign and the end of the line is considered part
;  of the value.  The spacing and layout is free-form but only one option
;  per line is allowed.  Variables and values are not case-sensitive.
;
;  Note: characters after a semi-colon are treated as a comment
;
;  Traditional POV-Ray switches beginning with + or - are also allowed
;  and they may be given with more than one switch per line.
;
;  These options have been put in this file because they will help
;  you get up and running quickly.  This file assumes you have installed
;  the program in the C:\POVRAY3 drive and directory.  If you have
;  installed the program on a different drive or directory you must edit
;  the appropriate lines below.  See the general documentation for full
;  instructions on how to use INI options.
;
;  Add your own options at the bottom and/or edit these to suit.
;
;
; Width of image in pixels.  Accepts integer values.
;
Width = 320
;
;
; Height of image in pixels.  Accepts integer values.
;
Height = 240
;
; Sets minimum number of objects before auto bounding kicks in.
;
Bounding_Threshold = 3
;
;
; Turn display on
Display=On
;
; Turn verbose mode on
Verbose=On
;
;
; Specify path to search for any files not found in current
; directory.  Up to 10 such paths may be specified.
; These were added by the install process with your installation
; drive and directory already patched in.
;
Library_Path=D:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\INCLUDE
Library_Path=C:\WINNT\Fonts

Output_File_Name=d:\cg\images\

Width=320
Height=240
Display_Gamma=2.2
Bounding_Threshold=3
Test_Abort=on
Test_Abort_Count=100
Verbose=on
Render_Console=off
Buffer_Size=16
+B
+fn
Output_File_Name=d:\CG\Images\
Library_Path=d:\CG\INCLUDE
Library_Path=d:\CG\userinclude
Library_Path=d:\CG\userinclude\old
Library_Path=d:\CG\userinclude\galaxy
Library_Path=d:\CG\userinclude\lensflare
Library_Path=d:\CG\userinclude\plates
Library_Path=d:\CG\userinclude\pyramid
Library_Path=d:\CG\userinclude\city
Library_Path=d:\CG\maps
Library_Path=d:\CG\fleet\include
Library_Path=d:\CG\scenes\background
;
; Note: include_header ignored by beta 8.  Reported.
;
Include_Header=d:\cg\userinclude\beta8fix.inc

Post a reply to this message