POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Context menu 'open' option doesn't : Re: Context menu 'open' option doesn't Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context menu 'open' option doesn't
From: Chris Cason
Date: 19 Dec 2001 10:31:29
Message: <3c20b2d1@news.povray.org>
> That may be so, but it does seem inconsistant that the editor won't find
> files referenced by path even though a) the renderer will and b) the editor
> will find files included by a path when the renderer chokes on a parsing
> error.  Frankly, I'm at a loss to understand why this behavior could be
> considered desirable in anything but a Microsoft product.

What it comes down to is the amount of code and time I am willing to devote
to adding much smarter library path stuff to the editor (since it can't use
the code in povray itself). Recall I am a volunteer and Microsoft is a $500
billion dollar company (and even they don't always get it right).

-- Chris