POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Context menu 'open' option doesn't : Re: Context menu 'open' option doesn't Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:15:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context menu 'open' option doesn't
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 19 Dec 2001 05:13:13
Message: <3c206839@news.povray.org>
In article <Xns### [at] 204213191226> ,
che### [at] sympaticoca (Coridon Henshaw) wrote:

> That may be so, but it does seem inconsistant that the editor won't find
> files referenced by path even though a) the renderer will and b) the editor
> will find files included by a path when the renderer chokes on a parsing
> error.

Path specifications in POV files are not guaranteed to work in POV-Ray.  To
the contrary, they are discouraged!  As I said before, anything that does
work is more or less not intentionally *disabled* for your convenience
(because the used system functions happen to just handle the file
specification), but adding code would be to explicitly enable path
specifications in POV-Ray, which will not happen.

NOTE: Future versions may not work path specifications in scene files at
all.  You use them at your own risk.

Be happy with it or feel free to use another program.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.