POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Context menu 'open' option doesn't : Re: Context menu 'open' option doesn't Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:26:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Context menu 'open' option doesn't
From: Mike Williams
Date: 22 Dec 2001 06:11:33
Message: <yee7oCAUOFJ8EwXo@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Coridon Henshaw who wrote:

>Speaking of the context menu's open function, I regret to tell you that
>this command causes beta 9 pvengine to cease responding to messages.  It
>doesn't trap, but won't react to anything other than a hard kill from ctrl-
>alt-del. This will occur sporadically when attempting to load an include
>which is specified by absolute path, but it will always occur when
>attempting to load an include which is in a library path.
>
>Tested on my WinME P3-866; my povray.ini is unchanged from what I posted
>earlier.

That's odd. On my machine it will quite happily open include files that
are in the normal library path and in extra library paths that I have
added to povray.ini.

I have had one situation where beta 9 povwin stopped responding to me,
but all I was doing at the time was starting it up by double-clicking on
a pov file. Killing it with ctrl-alt-del and then restarting it didn't
cure the problem. Each time it started it started minimised; clicking on
the task bar opened the main window; clicking anywhere on the main
window caused the window to change from active window colours to
inactive window colours.

I ended up having to reinstall to get it to work again.

POV 3.5b9, Win 98se, Celeron II 850, 128 Mb

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure