POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : List of known bugs - any takers? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:13:26 EDT (-0400)
  List of known bugs - any takers? (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Rune
Subject: List of known bugs - any takers?
Date: 23 Oct 2001 11:39:46
Message: <3bd58f42@news.povray.org>
I'm sorry, but I don't have the time and overview to keep the list of known
bugs updated. Are there anybody here who are willing to take over the
responsibility?

Note that the list of known bugs are for *confirmed* bugs only, where at
least two persons can verify the bug.

In Outlook Express the Message-ID of a message can be found by
right-clicking on the message and choose "Properies". Then click on the
"Details" fane and look for the Message-ID. Then add the message-ID after
http://news.povray.org/

In any case, here's what I've gotten so far, though it hasn't been updated
for a while.

Blob problem
http://news.povray.org/3b99052c@news.povray.org

Blob : Toward a solution
http://news.povray.org/3B991C90.D715B7A3@free.fr

Superellipsoid epsilon to big ?
http://news.povray.org/3b992a81@news.povray.org

Additional (?) blob bug
http://news.povray.org/Xns9115B92CF7D8ACQ@204.213.191.226

hf_gray_16 + png creates wrong output image
http://news.povray.org/3BA3BAE6.4671C0BB@free.fr

Blob rendering error
http://news.povray.org/Xns91203DC7F3CCQ@204.213.191.226

Small window title bug
(Title switches back to "POV-Ray for Windows" after minimize or restore. )
http://news.povray.org/3ba92966$1@news.povray.org

Blend map crash
http://news.povray.org/3ba9f8e9$1@news.povray.org

Rendering animation (MS Windows)
(Message that indicates the frame to be render is displayed AFTER the
rendering.)
http://news.povray.org/3BAC1D0C.74A4A503@free.fr

Stop during mosaic: crash
http://news.povray.org/Xns9126925CDC108seed7@povray.org

sin(X)^sin(X) -> crash!
http://news.povray.org/3baf7992@news.povray.org

Bug with parse_string
http://news.povray.org/9pk0rto8s07dnm320f5m503aqu43ak6g3p@4ax.com

Spline bug
(The spline path is all wrong when certain time values are used.)
http://news.povray.org/3bb41dc8@news.povray.org

Strange spline problem
(Changes from render to render. Control points are sometimes missing.)
http://news.povray.org/Xns9136AC2E64F60seed7@povray.org

Crash when stopping in the first line
http://news.povray.org/1103_1002737295@iq
(Also reported as: Radiosity crash when user stops render during pretrace.)
http://news.povray.org/3bb4605d$1@news.povray.org

Highlight bug
http://news.povray.org/3bb4cf08@news.povray.org

Macro bug
(POV can dereference a deallocated pointer if you return a local from a
macro.)
http://news.povray.org/3BB4ED11.8EC69CEC@hotmail.com

Crash after constant function
http://news.povray.org/kc3hqtkgj93f82rpkj6puvlj8f5cs7nk0q@4ax.com

Bug with intersection stack (with crash)
http://news.povray.org/5f13rtc0v0rso4fk7lut5e0980qa9g756b@4ax.com

Sphere_sweep plus radiosity bug
(Colored sphere_sweeps lead to bad radiosity.)
http://news.povray.org/3b9670b2@news.povray.org

rand.inc VRand_In_Sphere flaw
http://news.povray.org/3bc64790$1@news.povray.org

Radiosity sampling, with fix method
http://news.povray.org/3BC5A13E.9C022BD6@reading.ac.uk

Slow rendering when using +ua and antialiasing method 1
http://news.povray.org/3bbf6347@news.povray.org

Photon problems
http://news.povray.org/3bc4d0a9$1@news.povray.org
REPORTED FIXED!