POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : List of known bugs - any takers? : Re: List of known bugs - any takers? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:24:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: List of known bugs - any takers?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 23 Oct 2001 18:02:22
Message: <3bd5e8ee@news.povray.org>
Below I have added notes as which job the individual reports have been
logged by the POV-Team.  It would be nice if the job numbers could be kept
so it is easier to find out which bug is logged and which is not logged yet.

NOTE: Also some bugs are logged as the same job it may well be that they are
not the same.  Other bugs have not been logged yet (I have limited time),
and scene/include file bugs will not be logged at all.  Don't worry about
the individual job numbers and their meaning, just please keep them to help
the POV-Team know which bugs are formally known and which are not.

> Blob problem
> http://news.povray.org/3b99052c@news.povray.org
>
> Blob : Toward a solution
> http://news.povray.org/3B991C90.D715B7A3@free.fr
>
> Additional (?) blob bug
> http://news.povray.org/Xns9115B92CF7D8ACQ@204.213.191.226
>
> Blob rendering error
> http://news.povray.org/Xns91203DC7F3CCQ@204.213.191.226

Logged as job000136.

> Superellipsoid epsilon to big ?
> http://news.povray.org/3b992a81@news.povray.org

I cannot find anybody confirming this bug, maybe it got in this list by
accident?

> hf_gray_16 + png creates wrong output image
> http://news.povray.org/3BA3BAE6.4671C0BB@free.fr

Logged as job000173.

> Blend map crash
> http://news.povray.org/3ba9f8e9$1@news.povray.org

Logged as job000183.

> Rendering animation (MS Windows)
> (Message that indicates the frame to be render is displayed AFTER the
> rendering.)
> http://news.povray.org/3BAC1D0C.74A4A503@free.fr

Logged as job000178.

> Stop during mosaic: crash
> http://news.povray.org/Xns9126925CDC108seed7@povray.org
>
> Crash when stopping in the first line
> http://news.povray.org/1103_1002737295@iq
> (Also reported as: Radiosity crash when user stops render during pretrace.)
> http://news.povray.org/3bb4605d$1@news.povray.org

Logged as job000162 and job000168.
(Yes, both bugs are logged in both jobs!)

> sin(X)^sin(X) -> crash!
> http://news.povray.org/3baf7992@news.povray.org

Logged as job000179 and job000180.

> Spline bug
> (The spline path is all wrong when certain time values are used.)
> http://news.povray.org/3bb41dc8@news.povray.org

Logged as job000182.

> Strange spline problem
> (Changes from render to render. Control points are sometimes missing.)
> http://news.povray.org/Xns9136AC2E64F60seed7@povray.org

Logged as job000181.

> Highlight bug
> http://news.povray.org/3bb4cf08@news.povray.org

Logged as job000137.

> Macro bug
> (POV can dereference a deallocated pointer if you return a local from a
> macro.)
> http://news.povray.org/3BB4ED11.8EC69CEC@hotmail.com

Logged as job000146.

> Crash after constant function
> http://news.povray.org/kc3hqtkgj93f82rpkj6puvlj8f5cs7nk0q@4ax.com

Logged as job000174.

> Bug with intersection stack (with crash)
> http://news.povray.org/5f13rtc0v0rso4fk7lut5e0980qa9g756b@4ax.com

Logged as job000175.

> Sphere_sweep plus radiosity bug
> (Colored sphere_sweeps lead to bad radiosity.)
> http://news.povray.org/3b9670b2@news.povray.org

Logged as job000176.

> Radiosity sampling, with fix method
> http://news.povray.org/3BC5A13E.9C022BD6@reading.ac.uk