POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : movie within Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:29:11 EDT (-0400)
  movie within (Message 31 to 40 of 100)
From: dbwr
Subject: Re: movie within STOPS NOW
Date: 1 Feb 2004 00:56:32
Message: <401c9510@news.povray.org>
ok ... OK.   Start a new thread.
I started this one days ago, and let's end it already.

Period.

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: movie within
Date: 1 Feb 2004 04:42:39
Message: <401cca0f@news.povray.org>
Dan P <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I thought somebody said pushing megabytes of data through STDOUT was a bad
> idea, but I might have misread.

  You did. I said writing megabytes of data to stderr is a bad idea
because stderr is unbuffered.

From: Warp
Date: 1 Feb 2004 04:52:50
Message: <401ccc71@news.povray.org>
Dan P <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I'm not making a game with DirectX -- I'm making a patch editor that will
> hopefully come to fruition some day. DirectX is generally used for games,
> yet it is actually just an abstraction layer that lets me exploit the
> hardware capabilites of my equipment. That's why the called it DirectX -
> Direct for direct to hardware, X to mean all the different hardware (X is a
> variable). I also think that it will be easier to distribute and install the
> editor using DirectX over OpenGL.

  You should perhaps get some information about OpenGL instead of basing
your opinions in prejudgements and assumptions. Writing text like the
one above is only causing more knowledgeable people to die from laughter.