POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : movie within : Re: movie within Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: movie within
From: Dan P
Date: 2 Feb 2004 19:13:16
Message: <401ee79c$1@news.povray.org>
news:401cced2@news.povray.org...
> Dan P <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> > I fully support Thorsten in this claim. Now, Thorsten is going to teach
you
> > all why I don't have a technical background by debunking what I have
said:

>   You are missing the point. By what you have said you are indirectly
> implying things (such as that DirectX is not trademarked, OpenGL is not
> an abstraction layer to use hardware, etc).
>
>   If you say (in practice) "I prefer DirectX because it's an abstraction
> layer to use hardware" you are practically saying "OpenGL is not an
> abstraction layer to use hardware and does not allow me to use it".
> This of course is a laughable claim.
>   Understand now?

Okay, wait a second. I'm breaking my silence on this because I just happen
to be in the mood to. You are reading my statements wrong. I never said I
preferred DirectX because it was an abstraction layer anywhere -- look at
the posts and /read/ what they /actually/ say and not what you /want/ them
to say. No kidding OpenGL is also an abstraction layer -- that's a given and
to assume I don't know that is pretty insulting. I was responding to
Thronsten's claim that everything I say is false by listing the only
assertions I made, all of which are demonstrably true. In fact, I haven't
said anything false at all. Don't assume what I say, read what I say. You're
judging me based on emotion and making assumptions about how I feel.

You won't find many people who have hated Microsoft as much as I in the
past. I have progressed to hating all corporations -- something opensource
folks LIKE MYSELF should respect -- and have decided to exploit technologies
based on which would be best for my target audience. That's my decision to
make -- it doesn't make me stupid, it is a choice, and I never stated
otherwise. I want to make a patch editor that uses everything that the
newest video cards has to offer and I am targetting Windows. I haven't said
that doing otherwise is a bad idea -- in fact, I said that I'm happy that
people /were/ doing that so that there were alternatives to my software.

In short, I would like to respectfully ask you to treat me with respect if
you expect respect back from me. And get a dictionary and look up the word
"tact".