POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : "Sandy" texture to scattering media Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  "Sandy" texture to scattering media (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Scott Gammans
Subject: "Sandy" texture to scattering media
Date: 7 Mar 2002 10:52:42
Message: <3c878cca$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm trying to use scattering media inside a translucent sphere in order to
see various points of light inside the sphere as glowing orbs. (In case
you're wondering, I'm trying to model the "Christmas light" effect of the
bussard collector domes in the original starship Enterprise.)

Although this works, I'm having a problem with the scattering media looking
very grainy or sandy. Can someone please post a quick pointer on how to
adjust the apparent density of the media? I've tried to understand the
obtuse documentation on this subject and I'm pulling out what little is left
of my hair. ;)

Thanks!
Scott Gammans

Post a reply to this message