POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : "Sandy" texture to scattering media : Re: "Sandy" texture to scattering media Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Sandy" texture to scattering media
From: Scott Gammans
Date: 7 Mar 2002 15:35:00
Message: <3c87cef4$1@news.povray.org>
D'oh! I didn't realize that you could have multiple media statements inside
an interior declaration. Your technique works so much better... and renders
orders of magnitude faster.

http://www.scottgammans.com/cgi_enterprise/scattering_media.jpg
http://www.scottgammans.com/cgi_enterprise/emitting_media.jpg

That first render using scattering media took nearly two hours to complete,
didn't look right, and didn't use anti-aliasing. The second render using
emitting media took less than 2 minutes to complete, looks SO much closer to
what I am trying to achieve, and even threw in AA 0.3 for good measure.

Those damn Bussard collector domes have been giving me fits... your advice
was right on target. Thanks Christopher!! :)

--Scott Gammans

news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...