POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A Question about water Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:25:26 EDT (-0400)
  A Question about water (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Randolph Robnett
Subject: A Question about water
Date: 5 Dec 2000 19:00:27
Message: <3a2d819b$1@news.povray.org>
Any ideas about making water look as though it is funneling or spiralling as
in a whirlpool. The trick is that it needs to be 3-dimensional and not just
look 3D. Any suggestons would be appreciated.

Post a reply to this message

> Any ideas about making water look as though it is funneling or spiralling as
> in a whirlpool. The trick is that it needs to be 3-dimensional and not just
> look 3D. Any suggestons would be appreciated.

You could probably do it  with isosurfaces in MegaPOV, using some sort of spiral
pattern as the function.
Another possibility is to do it with a heightfield, again a spiral pattern is
should be able to do the job.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee