POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Off Topic: HP-48 emulator Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:27:51 EDT (-0400)
  Off Topic: HP-48 emulator (Message 1 to 10 of 22)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Subject: Off Topic: HP-48 emulator
Date: 11 Jan 2001 18:40:35
Message: <3A5E436F.7E2AC5FD@online.no>
The HP-48 is my favourite calculator.

It can do matrix math, vector math, complex number math
symbolic algebra math, deriving, (some integration),
numerical solving of equations and much more.

It is VERY programmable, has TONS of functions and
there is very much stuff on the internet for/about it
(and it's relatives). E.g. the comp.sys.hp48 news group.

You can download the emulator for it from this site:

http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/pc/emulators/
(The emulator is called "Emu48 1.20")

You should also download the latest service pack for the
emulator (which can be downloaded from the same web page);
"Emu48 Unofficial Service Pack 22"

And you will also need a ROM-dump to run on the emulator;
e.g.: "HP 48GX Revision R ROM" (that also is available at
the same web-page.) The zip-file contains a file that has
to be converted like this:

convert gxrom-r ROM48.G

(The convert program is found within the zip-file for
the emulator.)

Here's the FAQ for the calculator:
http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/docs/faq/48faq.html

http://www.hpcalc.org
doesn't seem to be controlled by Hewlett-Packard.

Regards,

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom